Patchwork Magnets Class (1pm-4pm) $40 per person
This is a 3 hour class in which students will work on completing 2” patchwork magnets. We will begin & complete the simplest magnet from start to finish and then students can work at their leisure on any of the other 5 magnet designs. This is a fun class & a little bit different from a traditional quilt class. These magnets are perfect patchwork gifts and sure to liven up any magnetic surface. While the pieces are small, the piecing is simple and utilizes stitch and flip methods to keep things streamlined.
1. 1 Mini Charm Pack
2. scraps of background fabric (1/8 yd. is plenty)
3. scraps of batting (one 3” square per magnet)
5. (6) ¾” round ceramic magnets (note: these must be ceramic!)
6. coordinating thread
7. a needle to do a bit of hand sewing
8. small ruler, cutting mat, rotary cutter
9. copy of Magnetic pattern
Other Basic Sewing Supplies:
Sewing Machine in working order including a 1/4” foot, needles, pins, cords, seam ripper, scissors, etc.
If you have other notions you like to sew with, bring them along! You know the drill, bring what you need for a great time of sewing.